Really hilarious, and tricky (in a good way!). Really enjoyed the monkey food gumball machine. Perfect use of colors!
Monkey Man Enclosure
Made for the HEXCODE x THEME SHOWDOWN JAM 2
Hosted by (Dallas) Society of Play
The main constraint of this Jam was to create a game using only a certain color palette and have it themed upon the pallet's name all voted upon and released at the start of the Jam, Dream.
You are an employee at a zoo and apparently a man sleep-walked into the monkey exhibit last night wearing a monkey costume? Nobody other than you realizes that he is a human, so you must keep him fed throughout your shift. Also, don’t wake him up because that will stress him out!
- Wage is earned every hour (at the notches on the clock). Money is used to purchase throwable items.
- Food pellets attract both monkeys and the monkey man. Can feed the monkey man.
- Bricks scare both monkeys and the monkey man. Hitting monkey man with a brick makes him significantly more awake.
- Bananas attract monkeys only.
- Whistle forces all monkeys to stop and walk towards the camera. Whistling makes the monkey man significantly more awake.
- Left mouse click to select buttons and throw items. Deselect items by clicking on bottom left area of screen.
- Escape/P to pause.
Unity Packages & External Assets
Sammy Mahmoudi - Director, Programming
Christopher Hahn - Assistant Director, Programming, Foley SFX
Lowlande52 - 3D Art, Rigging, and Animation
Zachary "ZOLTARR" Pitts - UI Art
Liz Gravis - Music, Synth SFX
Check out the git repo!
Made with Unity Version 2019.4.22f1 (64-bit)